The Weinberg Group and affiliated consultants offer life insurance funding, life settlement placement, and consulting and expert witness services to professional
advisers and their clients. President, Michael D. Weinberg,
AEP®, is a lawyer (licensed, not practicing) with more than
40 years of experience who specializes in life insurance and
estate and business planning. Please feel free to check the background of this firm on FINRA's BrokerCheck.
and Funding Wealth Transfer Plans
tax and estate planning law with innovative funding solutions.
sophisticated estate, business continuity, and wealth transfer
plans, featuring our dynamic split-dollar
life insurance techniques, including the "Side Fund Split-Dollar Solution™" and "Intergenerational Split-Dollar™" plans, and our "defective"
grantor trust technique, The
you with the newest techniques and strategies used by your
clear diagrams and text to help your clients grasp complex concepts.
Life Settlement Advice and Placement
- Advise clients and their advisers about the economic viability of retaining a life insurance policy or selling it in the life settlement market.
- Place policies on behalf of clients in the life settlement market (where appropriate).
- Obtain competitive offers for clients from life settlement providers by an independent formal written bid process.
- Treat a life settlement as a "security" with the attendant higher standards and client protections afforded by the securities laws.
- Provide full and complete disclosure of both offers made and compensation received in a life settlement transaction.
Insurance Consulting and Expert Witness Services
problems of tax-detrimental policy ownerships, beneficiaries,
and premium payers, including Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
and revise split-dollar
plans to comply with recent IRS rules and regulations.
existing policies to perform more safely and effectively.
second opinions on proposed insurance purchases.
expert witness evaluation, preparation, and testimony in market
conduct and other insurance controversies, including tax disputes.